Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


32-303.  By whom solemnized. Marriage may be solemnized by any of the following Idaho officials: a current or retired justice of the supreme court, a current or retired court of appeals judge, a current or retired district judge, the current or a former governor, the current lieutenant governor, a current or retired magistrate of the district court, a current mayor or by any of the following: a current federal judge, a current tribal judge of an Idaho Indian tribe or other tribal official approved by an official act of an Idaho Indian tribe or priest or minister of the gospel of any denomination. To be a retired justice of the supreme court, court of appeals judge, district judge or magistrate judge of the district court, for the purpose of solemnizing marriages, a person shall have served in one (1) of those offices and shall be receiving a retirement benefit from either the judges retirement system or the public employee retirement system for service in the Idaho judiciary.

[(32-303) 1863, p. 613, sec. 4; R.S., sec. 2431; reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 2622; C.S., sec. 4602; I.C.A., sec. 31-303; am. 1969, ch. 116, sec. 1, p. 374; am. 1983, ch. 18, sec. 3, p. 53; am. 1994, ch. 7, sec. 1, p. 11; am. 1997, ch. 196, sec. 1, p. 554; am. 2000, ch. 212, sec. 1, p. 572; am. 2008, ch. 46, sec. 1, p. 119.]

How current is this law?