Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


32-704.  Allowance of support money, court costs and attorney fees — Representation of child. 1. While an action for divorce is pending, the court may, in its discretion, on the motion of either party and upon showing made in conformity with section 32-705 or section 32-706, Idaho Code, whichever be appropriate, order the payment of temporary maintenance of either spouse by the other or temporary support of a child of the marriage, in amounts and on terms just and proper under the circumstances.
2.  The court may, in its discretion, on the motion of either party enter a decree of legal separation, providing for custody of children, division of property, payment of debts, payment of child support, and payment of spousal support as set forth in the statutes governing domestic relations.
3.  The court may from time to time after considering the financial resources of both parties and the factors set forth in section 32-705, Idaho Code, order a party to pay a reasonable amount for the cost to the other party of maintaining or defending any proceeding under this act and for attorney’s fees, including sums for legal services rendered and costs incurred prior to the commencement of the proceeding or after entry of judgment. The court may order that the amount be paid directly to the attorney, who may enforce the order in his name.
4.  The court may appoint an attorney to represent the interests of a minor or dependent child with respect to his or her support, custody, and visitation, but only in those instances where the court deems legal representation necessary beyond any court ordered and court related services previously authorized for the particular case. The court shall enter an order for costs, fees, and disbursements in favor of the child’s attorney. The order shall be made against either or both parents, except, if both parties are indigent, the costs, fees, and disbursements shall be borne by the county in which the action is pending.

[(32-704) 1874, p. 639, sec. 7; R.S., sec. 2472; reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 2662; C.S., sec. 4642; I.C.A., sec. 31-704; am. 1980, ch. 378, sec. 2, p. 962; am. 1994, ch. 352, sec. 1, p. 1112.]

How current is this law?