STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
33-118B. CURRICULAR MATERIALS — adoption of content standards. (1) Effective July 1, 2022, the Idaho content standards for English language arts and literacy, mathematics, and science shall be the content standards prepared by the 2020-2021 standards review committee dated January 3, 2022.
(2) The state department of education shall take any necessary action to begin alignment of the required standards assessment with the content standards set forth in this section by July 1, 2022.
(3) The content standards implemented by this section shall be adopted for five (5) years. The content standards implemented by this section shall be subject to a review and adoption cycle that shall conclude June 30, 2027.
(4) The board of education is authorized to immediately promulgate temporary rules and to engage in negotiated rulemaking for the purposes of:
(a) Implementing the content standards required pursuant to this section; and
(b) Implementing revised and updated content standards pursuant to the review and adoption cycle established in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) The board of education shall immediately coordinate with the United States department of education to ensure that Idaho is implementing a plan to meet the requirements of the every student succeeds act of 2015, 20 U.S.C. 6301-7981.
(6) The board of trustees of each school district shall have until June 30, 2024, to incorporate curricular materials that reflect the Idaho content standards.
[33-118B, added 2022, ch. 175, sec. 2, p. 570.]