FOUNDATION PROGRAM — STATE AID — APPORTIONMENT
33-1030. DEFINITIONS. As used in this section through section 33-1034, Idaho Code:
(1) "Assessment" means an examination or another objective evaluation of a student’s academic performance, academic engagement, or college or career readiness.
(2) "Board" means the state board of education.
(3) "Eligible education expenses" means:
(a) Computer hardware, internet access, or other technological devices or services that are primarily used to meet a participant’s educational needs;
(b) Textbooks, curriculum, or other instructional materials, including educational software and applications;
(c) Fees for national standardized assessments, advanced placement examinations, examinations related to college or university admissions, or industry-recognized certification examinations;
(d) Therapies, including but not limited to occupational, behavioral, physical, speech-language, and audiology therapies, or other services or therapies specifically approved by the board;
(e) Educational programs offered for a fee or pursuant to contract by a school district, public charter school, or career technical education program to nonpublic students, provided that such students may not be counted for purposes of calculating public school enrollment; or
(f) Other education expenses and services as approved by the board, upon recommendation of the parent advisory panel established pursuant to section 33-1032, Idaho Code.
(4) "Eligible student" means a person in kindergarten through grade 12, whether a public school or nonpublic school student.
(5) "Grant" means an award of one thousand dollars ($1,000), which must be used for eligible education expenses.
(6) "Grant distribution platform" means a digital platform through which grant funds are transferred from the board to participant accounts.
(7) "Parent" means the parent or legal guardian of an eligible student or a participant.
(8) "Participant" means an eligible student for whom a grant is awarded under section 33-1031, Idaho Code.
(9) "Program" means the empowering parents grant program established by section 33-1031, Idaho Code.
[33-1030, added 2022, ch. 13, sec. 2, p. 29.]