IDAHO DIGITAL LEARNING ACADEMY
33-5505. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Academy board," also referred to in this chapter as "the board" means the board of directors of the Idaho digital learning academy as such board is created in section 33-5503, Idaho Code.
(2) "Host district" means an Idaho school district where the fiscal operations of the Idaho digital learning academy are housed until January 1, 2009.
(3) "Idaho digital learning academy" means an online educational program organized as a fully accredited school with statewide capabilities for delivering accredited courses to Idaho resident students at no cost to the student unless the student enrolls in additional courses beyond full-time enrollment. Participation in the academy by public school students shall be in compliance with academy and local school district policies. Adult learners and out-of-state students shall pay tuition commensurate with rates established by the state board with the advice of the superintendent, and such funds shall be included in the budget and audit of the academy’s fiscal records.
(4) "State board" means the Idaho state board of education. The board is authorized and directed, with the advice and recommendation of the academy board of directors, to promulgate rules to implement the provisions of this chapter.
(5) "Superintendent" means the Idaho state superintendent of public instruction.
[33-5505, added 2002, ch. 105, sec. 1, p. 287; am. 2003, ch. 306, sec. 2, p. 842; am. 2005, ch. 132, sec. 3, p. 422; am. 2008, ch. 119, sec. 6, p. 337.]