ELECTION CONTESTS ACT
34-2102. definitions. For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Body" means the Idaho senate or the Idaho house of representatives or both.
(2) "Contestee" means the individual against whom the contest of election is filed.
(3) "Contestor" means the individual who files the contest of election.
(4) "Elector" has the same meaning as "qualified elector" provided in section 34-104, Idaho Code.
(5) "Eligible for the office" means the qualifications of members provided in section 34-614, Idaho Code.
(6) "Individual" means a natural person and not an artificial person such as a corporation, partnership, or other entity created by law.
(7) "Legislature" means the Idaho senate or the Idaho house of representatives or both.
(8) "Office" means any senate member, house of representatives member, executive office holder, or all.
(9) "Parties" means the contestor and the contestee.
(10) "Party" means the contestor or the contestee.
(11) "Presiding officer" means the Idaho senate president pro tempore or the speaker of the Idaho house of representatives. In the event the contestee or the contestor is the presiding officer, then the next ranking member of majority leadership who is able and willing serves as presiding officer. In the event the contestee or the contestor is an office holder in the executive department, then both the Idaho senate president pro tempore and the speaker of the Idaho house of representatives will serve as presiding officers.
[34-2102, added 2017, ch. 293, sec. 2, p. 767.]