FOOD, DRUGS, AND OIL
UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
37-2707. Schedule II. (a) Schedule II shall consist of the drugs and other substances, by whatever official name, common or usual name, chemical name, or brand name designated, listed in this section.
(b) Substances, vegetable origin or chemical synthesis. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any of the following substances whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of vegetable origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis:
(1) Opium and opiate, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate, excluding apomorphine, dextrorphan, nalbuphine, nalmefene, naloxone, naltrexone and their respective salts, but including the following:
1. Raw opium;
2. Opium extracts;
3. Opium fluid extracts;
4. Powdered opium;
5. Granulated opium;
6. Tincture of opium;
11. Etorphine hydrochloride;
(2) Any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of the substances referred to in paragraph (1) of this subsection, except that these substances shall not include the isoquinoline alkaloids of opium.
(3) Opium poppy and poppy straw.
(4) Coca leaves and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of coca leaves, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances, but shall not include the following:
1. Decocainized coca leaves or extractions of coca leaves, which extractions do not contain cocaine; or ecgonine; or
(6) Methylbenzoylecgonine (Cocaine – its salts, optical isomers, and salts of optical isomers).
(7) Concentrate of poppy straw (the crude extract of poppy straw in liquid, solid or powder form that contains the phenanthrine alkaloids of the opium poppy).
(c) Any of the following opiates, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, whenever the existence of these isomers, esters, ethers and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation, unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule:
(5) Bulk Dextropropoxyphene (nondosage forms);
(11) Levo-alphacetylmethadol (also known as levo-alpha-acetylmethadol, levomethadyl acetate, LAAM);
(16) Methadone — Intermediate, 4-cyano-2-dimethylamino-4, 4-diphenyl butane;
(17) Moramide — Intermediate, 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1, 1-diphenyl propane-carboxylic acid;
(18) Norfentanyl (N-phenyl-N-(piperidin-4-yl) propionamide);
(20) Pethidine (meperidine);
(21) Pethidine — Intermediate — A, 4-cyano-1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine;
(22) Pethidine — Intermediate — B, ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylate;
(23) Pethidine — Intermediate — C, 1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylic acid;
(d) Stimulants. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a stimulant effect on the central nervous system:
(1) Amphetamine, its salts, optical isomers, and salts of its optical isomers;
(3) Methamphetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers;
(4) Phenmetrazine and its salts;
(e) Depressants. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a depressant effect on the central nervous system, including its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers, whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(f) Hallucinogenic substances.
(g) Immediate precursors. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances:
(1) Immediate precursor to amphetamine and methamphetamine:
(a) Anthranilic acid;
(c) Lead acetate;
(e) Methyl formamide;
(g) Phenylacetic acid;
Except that any combination or compound containing ephedrine, or any of its salts and isomers, or phenylpropanolamine or its salts and isomers, or pseudoephedrine, or any of its salts and isomers which is prepared for dispensing or over-the-counter distribution is not a controlled substance for the purpose of this section, unless such substance is possessed, delivered, or possessed with intent to deliver to another with the intent to manufacture methamphetamine, amphetamine or any other controlled substance in violation of section 37-2732, Idaho Code. For purposes of this provision, the requirements of the uniform controlled substances act shall not apply to a manufacturer, wholesaler or retailer of over-the-counter products containing the listed substances unless such person possesses, delivers, or possesses with intent to deliver to another the over-the-counter product with intent to manufacture a controlled substance.
(2) Immediate precursors to phencyclidine (PCP):
(b) 1-piperidinocyclohexanecarbonitrile (PCC).
(3) Immediate precursor to fentanyl: 4-anilino-N-phenethyl-4-piperidine (ANPP).
[37-2707, added 1971, ch. 215, sec. 1, p. 939; am. 1972, ch. 133, sec. 3, p. 261; am. 1977, ch. 234, sec. 2, p. 701; am. 1980, ch. 160, sec. 2, p. 343; am. 1981, ch. 102, sec. 2, p. 152; am. 1984, ch. 160, sec. 2, p. 393; am. 1985, ch. 25, sec. 2, p. 44; am. 1986, ch. 209, sec. 2, p. 538; am. 1987, ch. 38, sec. 2, p. 64; am. 1988, ch. 190, sec. 2, p. 341; am. 1989, ch. 177, sec. 2, p. 432; am. 1992, ch. 24, sec. 1, p. 72; am. 1995, ch. 1, sec. 2, p. 6; am. 1998, ch. 328, sec. 1, p. 1058; am. 2000, ch. 110, sec. 1, p. 242; am. 2010, ch. 117, sec. 2, p. 246; am. 2011, ch. 134, sec. 2, p. 372; am. 2016, ch. 70, sec. 1, p. 245; am. 2021, ch. 11, sec. 3, p. 25; am. 2022, ch. 47, sec. 2, p. 142.]