HEALTH AND SAFETY
AQUIFER PROTECTION DISTRICTS
39-507. Policy and budget advisory committee. Subsequent to formation of an aquifer protection district, and as it regards the aquifer protection district, the governing board shall appoint a policy and budget advisory committee comprised of not less than nine (9) nor more than eleven (11) members. The policy and budget advisory committee shall be comprised of residents of the aquifer protection district boundaries with the following characteristics:
(1) A representative of a municipal domestic water provider;
(2) A representative of a water district;
(3) A representative of an irrigation district;
(4) A representative of a private water system;
(5) A representative of a well recognized business organization;
(6) A representative of a well recognized environmental organization;
(7) A representative of the agricultural community;
(8) A hydrologist or engineer; and
(9) A citizen consumer.
The responsibilities of the policy and budget advisory committee shall include making recommendations to the governing board for work program elements, proposing methods of cooperation among public agencies with regulatory jurisdiction concerning aspects of aquifer protection, developing an aquifer protection budget recommendation to forward to the governing board and carrying out such other aquifer protection activities as the governing board, resident and committee member interest, and appropriated budget allow. In addition to the budget hearing required by section 39-508, Idaho Code, the budget and policy advisory committee shall conduct at least one (1) public hearing during each fiscal year to solicit public comment regarding aquifer protection needs. Notice of such hearing shall, at a minimum, comply with the standards for legislative hearings as provided by law. Any vacancies on the policy and budget advisory committee shall be filled in the same manner as the initial appointment.
[39-507, added 2006, ch. 304, sec. 1, p. 940.]