Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


39-6714.  Air quality plan of a regional air quality council. (1) A regional air quality council shall develop and accept the study within one (1) year after establishment of the council. It shall make the study available to all appropriate and interested local, state and federal agencies and to any interested persons. For a period of ninety (90) days after dissemination, any interested agency or person may submit written suggestions, comments or proposals for the plan, or recommendations to the council.
(2)  The council shall thereafter prepare a final regional air quality plan which shall be completed within one hundred eighty (180) days after dissemination of the study.
(3)  The council shall identify present and future air issues in the specified regional area.
(4)  Once completed, the council shall provide copies of its plan to all agencies and persons who have indicated an interest in the study. The council shall thereupon provide for one (1) or more public hearings upon its plan and recommendations with notice given as provided in chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code.
(5)  After receiving the information obtained at the public hearing, the council shall make such changes and revisions as it deems necessary and within thirty (30) days after such public hearing, but in no event later than the next regular session of the Idaho legislature, the council shall submit the plan to the legislature.
(6)  The legislature shall, within the next regular session during or after which it receives the plan, accept, reject or modify the plan by concurrent resolution.
(7)  Thereafter, the council shall assist in the adoption and enforcement of the provisions of the plan. Before its dissolution, the council shall also assist these local, state and federal agencies to establish an ongoing, joint-agency oversight responsibility for the plan.

[39-6714, added 2005, ch. 206, sec. 1, p. 621.]

How current is this law?