SCOPE OF INSURANCE CODE — GENERAL PROVISIONS
41-114. Application of code as to particular types of insurers. No provision of chapter 1, title 41, Idaho Code, shall apply with respect to:
(1) Domestic mutual benefit insurers (as identified in chapter 30), except as stated in chapter 30 (Mutual Benefit Associations).
(2) County mutual insurers (as identified in chapter 31), except as stated in chapter 31 (County Mutual Insurers).
(3) Fraternal benefit societies (as identified in chapter 32), except as stated in chapter 32 (Fraternal Benefit Societies).
(4) Hospital and medical professional service corporations (as identified in chapter 34), except as stated in chapter 34 (Hospital and Medical Service Professional Corporations).
(5) Hospital trusts (as identified in chapter 37), except as stated in said chapter 37 (Idaho Hospital Liability Trust Act).
(6) Religious corporations or societies which are exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(C)(3) of the internal revenue code, as amended, and who provide only first party property or casualty coverages exclusively to their members.
(7) Any organization described by section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code, as amended, but only with respect to the organization’s issuance of charitable gift annuities in accordance with the terms of section 41-120, Idaho Code.
[41-114, added 1961, ch. 330, sec. 14, p. 645; am. 1977, ch. 204, sec. 1, p. 556; am. 1984, ch. 253, sec. 1, p. 604; am. 1986, ch. 119, sec. 1, p. 313; am. 1996, ch. 409, sec. 1, p. 1354.]