Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


41-1009.  Nonresident producer license. (1) Unless denied licensure pursuant to section 41-1016, Idaho Code, a nonresident applicant shall receive a nonresident producer license if:
(a)  The applicant is currently licensed as a resident and in good standing in his or her home state;
(b)  The applicant has submitted the proper request for licensure and has paid the fees set forth by rule pursuant to section 41-401, Idaho Code;
(c)  The applicant has submitted or transmitted to the director the application for licensure that the applicant submitted to his or her home state or, in lieu of such application, a completed uniform application;
(d)  The applicant has submitted the applicant’s fingerprints, if required by the director, on a form as prescribed by the director; and
(e)  The applicant’s home state awards nonresident producer licenses to residents of this state on the same basis.
(2)  The director may verify the producer’s licensing status through the producer database maintained by the national association of insurance commissioners, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any other acceptable means.
(3)  A nonresident producer who moves from one state to another state or a resident producer who moves from this state to another state shall file a change of address and provide certification from the new resident state within thirty (30) days of the change of legal residence. No fee or license application shall be required for filing the change of address.
(4)  Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, a person licensed as a surplus lines broker in his or her home state shall receive a nonresident surplus lines broker license pursuant to subsection (1) of this section. Except as to subsection (1) of this section, nothing in this section otherwise amends or supersedes any provision of section 41-1223, Idaho Code.
(5)  Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, a person licensed as a limited lines producer in his or her home state shall receive a nonresident limited lines producer license, pursuant to subsection (1) of this section, granting the same scope of authority as granted under the license issued by the producer’s home state. For the purposes of this subsection, limited lines insurance is any authority granted by the home state which restricts the authority of the license to less than the total authority prescribed in the associated major lines pursuant to section 41-1008(1)(a) through (g), Idaho Code.

[41-1009, added 2001, ch. 296, sec. 3, p. 1052.]

How current is this law?