LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES AND ANNUITY CONTRACTS
41-1962. Prohibited Practices and Conflicts of Interest. (1) It is a violation of the provisions of sections 41-1950 through 41-1965, Idaho Code, for any person to engage in any act that constitutes or promotes a STOLI regarding any resident of this state.
(2) With respect to any life settlement contract or insurance policy, no life settlement broker knowingly shall solicit an offer from, effectuate a life settlement with or make a sale to any life settlement provider, life settlement purchaser, financing entity or related provider trust that is an affiliate of such life settlement broker unless such relationship is first disclosed to the owner.
(3) With respect to any life settlement contract or insurance policy, no life settlement provider knowingly shall enter into a life settlement contract with an owner, if, in connection with such life settlement contract, anything of value will be paid to a life settlement broker that is an affiliate of such life settlement provider or any investor, financing entity or related provider trust that is involved in such life settlement contract unless such relationship is first disclosed to the owner.
(4) No person shall enter into a premium finance agreement with any other person or affiliate thereof pursuant to which such person shall receive any proceeds, fees or other consideration, directly or indirectly, from the policy or owner of the policy or any other person with respect to the premium finance agreement or any life settlement contract or other transaction related to such policy that are in addition to the amounts required to pay the principal, interest and service charges related to policy premiums pursuant to the premium finance agreement or subsequent sale of such agreement; provided further that any payments, charges, fees or other amounts in addition to the amounts required to pay the principal, interest and service charges related to policy premiums paid under the premium finance agreement shall be remitted to the original owner of the policy or to his or her estate if he or she is not living at the time of the determination of overpayment.
(5) In the solicitation, application or issuance of a life insurance policy, no person shall employ any device, scheme or artifice that would result in a violation of section 41-1804, Idaho Code.
(6) No life settlement provider shall enter into a life settlement contract unless the life settlement promotional, advertising and marketing materials, as may be prescribed by rule, have been filed with the director. In no event shall any marketing materials expressly reference that the insurance is "free" for any period of time. The inclusion of any reference in the marketing materials that would cause an owner to reasonably believe that the insurance is free for any period of time shall be considered a violation of the provisions of sections 41-1950 through 41-1965, Idaho Code.
(7) No life insurance producer, insurance company, life settlement broker or life settlement provider shall make any statement or representation to the applicant or policyholder in connection with the sale or financing of a life insurance policy to the effect that the insurance is free or without cost to the policyholder for any period of time unless provided in the policy.
[41-1962, added 2009, ch. 69, sec. 1, p. 203.]