THE DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE
41-216. Director’s annual report. As early after July 1 as is consistent with full and accurate preparation the director annually shall transmit to the governor a report of his official transactions containing with respect to the calendar year next preceding:
(1) A list of all authorized insurers transacting insurance in this state, showing as to each insurer the name, location, amount of capital (if a stock insurer) or surplus (if a mutual or reciprocal insurer), date of incorporation or formation, date of commencement of business, and kinds of insurance transacted.
(2) A condensed form of financial statements and reports of every authorized insurer for the calendar year, as audited and corrected by the director, arranged in tabular form or in abstracts.
(3) A list of insurers whose business in this state was terminated and the reason for such termination; and if such termination was a result of liquidation, or of delinquency proceedings brought against the insurer in this or any other state, the amount of the insurer’s assets and liabilities so far as the same are known to the director.
(4) A statement of the operating expenses of the department, including salaries, transportation, communication, printing, office supplies, fixed charges (insurance and bonds) and miscellaneous expense.
(5) A detailed statement of the moneys and fees received by the department and from what source.
(6) Any recommendations for amendments or supplementations to insurance laws which, in the director’s opinion, may be desirable.
(7) Such other pertinent information and matters as the director deems to be in the public interest.
[41-216, added 1961, ch. 330, sec. 34, p. 645.]