THE DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE
41-255. Duties of state fire marshal. In addition to the duties prescribed in section 41-254, Idaho Code, the state fire marshal shall:
(1) Administer and enforce this act.
(2) Appoint, employ and discharge such deputies and other employees as in his judgment may be necessary, control their powers, prescribe their duties, and fix their compensation.
(3) Keep books, records and accounts, which shall be open to inspection and audit by the state of Idaho at all times.
(4) Purchase necessary equipment and supplies, and incur any other reasonable and necessary expense in connection with or required for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this act.
(5) Maintain in his office a record of all fires occurring in the state, and of all the facts concerning the same, including statistics as to the extent of such fires and the damage caused thereby and whether such losses were covered by insurance, and if so, in what amount. All such records shall be public, except any testimony taken in an investigation under the provisions of this act which the state fire marshal in his discretion may withhold from the public.
(6) Establish by rule uniform training provisions for all persons acting as assistants to the state fire marshal as provided in section 41-256, Idaho Code.
[(41-255) 39-3505 added 1970, ch. 190, sec. 5, p. 547; am. 1974, ch. 39, sec. 46, p. 1023; am. and redesig. 1982, ch. 120, sec. 3, p. 339; am. 2008, ch. 402, sec. 2, p. 1106.]