Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


41-3104.  Insuring powers. Within the limits of restrictions set forth in its articles of incorporation and otherwise under this chapter, such an insurer may:
(1)  Issue property insurance, as defined in section 41-504, Idaho Code, as to farm property and personal property reasonably associated therewith, churches and public halls, and certain other dwellings and property as specified below, all as follows:
(a)  The property insured must be owned by a member of the insurer, and must (except as expressly provided in this section) be located within the county or counties in which the insurer is authorized to transact insurance as provided in section 41-3105, Idaho Code;
(b)  The insurer shall not insure any property located within the limits of any incorporated city, town, or village, except as follows:
(i)  The insurer may insure dwellings and/or household goods owned by its members who, after becoming such members, have moved within the limits of any such incorporated city, town, or village;
(ii)  The insurer may insure property of a member located upon an otherwise open tract of land occupied by the member and not less than five (5) acres in area, within the limits of any such city, town, or village; and
(iii)  The insurer may insure grange halls, wherever located in this state.
(2)  The insurer may insure other buildings and/or contents owned by its members individually or as an organization and not located within any city, town, or village with population in excess of one hundred twenty-five (125).
(3)  The insurer may insure churches and other public halls only if located outside of incorporated cities, towns, and villages.
(4)  The insurer may insure farm machinery wherever located against fire, theft, and upset, or against fire and such additional perils as are usually insured under an extended coverage indorsement.

[41-3104, added 1961, ch. 330, sec. 662, p. 645; am. 1963, ch. 48, sec. 1, p. 199; am. 1969, ch. 211, p. 612; am. 1977, ch. 142, sec. 10, p. 312.]

How current is this law?