FRATERNAL BENEFIT SOCIETIES
41-3204. Terms used. Whenever used in this chapter:
(1) "Benefit contract" shall mean the agreement for provision of benefits authorized by section 41-3216, Idaho Code, as that agreement is described in section 41-3219(1), Idaho Code.
(2) "Benefit member" shall mean an adult member who is designated by the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a benefit contract.
(3) "Certificate" shall mean the document issued as written evidence of the benefit contract.
(4) "Director" shall mean the director of the department of insurance of this state.
(5) "Laws" shall mean the society’s articles of incorporation, constitution and bylaws, however designated.
(6) "Lodge" shall mean subordinate member units of the society, known as camps, courts, councils, branches or by any other designation.
(7) "Premiums" shall mean premiums, rates, dues or other required contributions by whatever name known, which are payable under the certificate.
(8) "Rules" shall mean all rules, regulations or resolutions adopted by the supreme governing body or board of directors which are intended to have general application to the members of the society.
(9) "Society" shall mean fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated.
[41-3204, added 1995, ch. 213, sec. 2, p. 724.]