INSURANCE GUARANTY ASSOCIATION
41-3613. Prevention of insolvencies. To aid in the detection and prevention of insurer insolvencies:
(1) The board of directors, upon majority vote, may make recommendations to the director for the detection and prevention of insurer insolvencies. Such recommendations shall not be considered public documents.
(2) The board of directors may, upon majority vote, make recommendations on matters generally relating to improving or enhancing regulation for solvency.
(3) The board of directors may, at the conclusion of any domestic insurer insolvency in which the association was obligated to pay covered claims, prepare a report on the history and causes of such insolvency, based on the information available to the association and submit such report to the director.
(4) All domestic insurance companies subject to the coverage of this chapter must maintain the paid-up capital stock or basic surplus and the additional surplus set forth in section 41-313, Idaho Code.
(5) Domestic reciprocal insurance companies issuing only fully assessable worker’s compensation policies are not subject to coverage of this chapter but must meet the requirements of section 41-313A, Idaho Code.
[41-3613, added 1970, ch. 152, sec. 13, p. 462; am. 1992, ch. 316, sec. 4, p. 946; am. 1993, ch. 279, sec. 2, p. 946; am. 1997, ch. 109, sec. 11, p. 264.]