MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT INSURANCE MINIMUM STANDARDS
41-4402. Definitions. (1) "Applicant" means:
(a) In the case of an individual medicare supplement policy, the person who seeks to contract for insurance benefits; and
(b) In the case of a group medicare supplement policy, the proposed certificate holder.
(2) "Certificate" means, for the purposes of this chapter, any certificate delivered or issued for delivery in this state under a group medicare supplement policy.
(3) "Certificate form" means the form on which the certificate is delivered or issued for delivery by the issuer.
(4) "Issuer" includes insurance companies, fraternal benefit societies, managed care organizations, and any other entity delivering or issuing for delivery in this state medicare supplement policies or certificates.
(5) "Medicare" means the "Health Insurance for the Aged Act," title XVIII of the social security amendments of 1965, as then constituted or later amended.
(6) "Medicare supplement policy" means a group or individual policy of accident and sickness insurance or an enrollee contract under a managed care organization, other than a policy issued pursuant to a contract under section 1876 of the federal social security act (42 U.S.C. section 1395 et seq.), or an issued policy under a demonstration project specified in 42 U.S.C. section 1395ss(g)(1), which is advertised, marketed or designed primarily as a supplement to reimbursements under medicare for the hospital, medical or surgical expenses of persons eligible for medicare.
(7) "Policy form" means the form on which the policy is delivered or issued for delivery by the issuer.
[41-4402, added 1999, ch. 102, sec. 2, p. 323.]