IMMUNIZATION ASSESSMENTS [EFFECTIVE UNTIL JULY 1, 2024]
41-6002. definitions. [effective until july 1, 2024] As used in this chapter:
(1) "Board" means the Idaho immunization assessment board created by section 41-6003, Idaho Code.
(2) "Carrier" means: any entity subject to regulation by the department that provides or is authorized to provide health insurance or health benefit plans, or that administers health insurance or health benefit coverage or that otherwise provides a plan of health insurance or health benefits; or a foreign insurer who provides health insurance coverage or benefits to residents of this state as certificate holders under a group policy issued or delivered outside of this state. For purposes of this chapter, the term "carrier" includes an insurance company, a hospital or professional service corporation, a fraternal benefit society, a managed care organization, entities that provide excess or stop-loss insurance, and persons or entities required to be registered with the director under chapter 9, title 41, Idaho Code. For the purposes of this chapter, the term "carrier" does not include an entity that only issues policies, certificates or subscriber contracts within the state of Idaho that are limited to a specific disease, hospital confinement indemnity, accident-only, credit, dental, vision, medicare supplement, long-term care, disability income insurance, student health benefits only coverage issued as a supplement to liability insurance, worker’s compensation or similar insurance, automobile medical payment insurance, or nonrenewable short-term coverage issued for a period of twelve (12) months or less.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of insurance of the state of Idaho.
(4) "Fund" means the Idaho immunization dedicated vaccine fund created in section 41-6007, Idaho Code.
(5) "Idaho immunization program" means that program administered by the Idaho department of health and welfare to provide vaccinations against diseases to Idaho children consistent with Idaho and federal law.
(6) "Plan of operation" means the plan of operation of the fund as established by the board.
(7) "Program-eligible child" means any child, natural or adopted, who is under nineteen (19) years of age, whose custodial parent or legal guardian resides in Idaho and who is not eligible for the federal vaccines for children program.
(8) "Vaccine" means any preparations of killed microorganisms, living attenuated organisms or living fully virulent organisms that are approved by the federal food and drug administration and recommended by the federal advisory committee on immunization practices of the centers for disease control and prevention.
(9) "Vaccines for children" program is that federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to eligible children pursuant to section 1928 of the social security act.
[41-6002, added 2010, ch. 32, sec. 1, p. 60; am. 2010, ch. 187, sec. 1, p. 399.]