LIENS, MORTGAGES AND PLEDGES
CLAIMS FOR WAGES
45-621. Collection of lien amounts. (1) In addition to all other remedies or actions provided by this chapter, it shall be lawful for the director or his agent to collect any amounts secured by liens created pursuant to this chapter by seizure and sale of the property of any person liable for such amounts who fails to pay the same within thirty (30) days from the mailing of notice and demand for payment thereof.
(2) Property exempt from seizure shall be the same property that is exempt from execution as otherwise allowed by law.
(3) In exercising his authority under subsection (1) of this section, the director may levy, or by his warrant, authorize any of his representatives, a sheriff or deputy to levy upon, seize and sell any nonexempt property belonging to any person liable for the amounts secured by the lien.
(4) When a warrant is issued by the department for the collection of any amount due pursuant to a lien authorized by this chapter, it shall be directed to any authorized representative of the department, or to any sheriff or deputy, and any such warrant shall have the same force and effect as a writ of execution. It may be levied and sale made pursuant to it in the same manner and with the same force and effect as a levy and sale pursuant to a writ of execution. Upon the completion of his services pursuant to said warrant, the sheriff or deputy shall receive the same fees and expenses as are provided by law for services related to a writ of execution. All such fees and expenses shall be an obligation of the person liable for the amounts due and shall be collected from such person by virtue of the warrant. Any warrant issued by the director shall contain, at a minimum, the name and address of the liable person; the nature of the underlying liability; the date the liability was incurred; the amount of the liability secured by the lien; the amount of any penalty, interest or other amount due under the lien; and the interest rate on the lien.
(5) Whenever any property that is seized and sold by virtue of the foregoing provisions is not sufficient to satisfy the claim of the state for which seizure is made, any other property subject to seizure shall be seized and sold until the amount due from such person, together with all expenses, is fully paid.
(6) All persons are required, on demand of a representative of the department, a sheriff or deputy acting pursuant to this chapter, to produce all documentary evidence and statements relating to the property or rights in the property subject to seizure.
(7) Upon the filing of a state lien pursuant to section 45-620, Idaho Code, the department may collect on the lien in the same manner and to the same extent as the department collects tax liabilities and overpayment of benefits as provided by section 63-3077A, Idaho Code.
[45-621, added 1999, ch. 51, sec. 24, p. 127.]