Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


48-614.  Failure to obey attorney general — Application to district court. (1) If any person fails or refuses to file any statement or report, or obey any subpoena or investigative demand issued by the attorney general, the attorney general may, after notice, apply to a district court of the county in which the person resides or has a principal place of business, or if the person does not reside in or have a principal place of business in this state, the attorney general may apply to any district court in this state and, after hearing thereon, request an order:
(a)  Ordering such person to file such statement or report, or to comply with the subpoena or investigative demand issued by the attorney general;
(b)  Granting injunctive relief to restrain the person from engaging in the advertising or sale of any merchandise or the conduct of any trade or commerce that is involved in the alleged or suspected violation; and
(c)  Granting such other relief as may be required, until the person files the statement or report, or obeys the subpoena or investigative demand.
(2)  The court shall award the prevailing party reasonable expenses and attorney fees incurred in obtaining an order under the provisions of this section if the court finds that the attorney general’s request for an order under this section or a person’s resistance to filing any statement or report, or obeying any subpoena or investigative demand, was without a reasonable basis in fact or law.
(3)  Any disobedience of any final order entered under the provisions of this section by any court shall be punished as a contempt thereof. Contempt penalties sued for and recovered by the attorney general shall be remitted to the consumer protection account created in section 48-606, Idaho Code, and shall be used for the furtherance of the attorney general’s duties and activities under the provisions of this chapter.

[48-614, added 1971, ch. 181, sec. 15, p. 847; am. 1990, ch. 273, sec. 9, p. 773; am. 1991, ch. 243, sec. 4, p. 594; am. 1993, ch. 102, sec. 5, p. 260.]

How current is this law?