Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


49-237.  Records to be sent to department. Upon the conviction or reversal of conviction of any person for the violation of any of the provisions of this title, the judicial officer before whom the proceedings are had or the clerk of the district court shall immediately transmit the facts of the case to the department, either in paper or electronic form, including the name, address, date of birth, and the driver’s license number or social security number of the party charged, and any judgment issued, including a withheld judgment. The judicial officer or the clerk of the district court shall also forward to the department information regarding the character of the punishment, and the amount of any fine imposed and paid, the ordered sentence and its terms, and the ordered suspension period, including when the suspension is to commence. The information provided to the department shall be certified if submitted in paper form; no certification is required for electronic transfers of information. The department shall enter the facts either in the records of registered vehicles, or in the records of registered dealers, or in the driver’s license records, as the case may be, opposite the name of the person so convicted, and in the case of any other person, in a record of offenders, to be kept for that purpose. If an individual is reincarcerated while that person’s driver’s license or driving privileges are suspended, the department of correction is to notify the department that the individual is reincarcerated, as well as the terms and period of reincarceration. If the conviction be reversed on appeal, the person whose conviction has been reversed may serve on the department a certified copy of the order of reversal, and the department shall enter the reversal in the proper records.

[49-237, added 1988, ch. 265, sec. 29, p. 587; am. 1998, ch. 110, sec. 10, p. 392; am. 1998, ch. 152, sec. 1, p. 523; am. 1999, ch. 81, sec. 5, p. 246.]

How current is this law?