PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
PRACTICE OF PHYSICAL THERAPY
54-2205. Physical therapy licensure board. (1) There is hereby established in the department of self-governing agencies a physical therapy licensure board. The board shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the governor and who shall serve at the pleasure of the governor, three (3) of whom shall be licensed physical therapists, one (1) of whom may be a licensed physical therapist assistant or a licensed physical therapist, and one (1) of whom shall be a member of the public with an interest in the rights of the consumers of health services. All members of the board shall be residents of Idaho at the time of their appointment and for their term of service. The persons appointed to the board who are required to be licensed under this chapter shall have been engaged in rendering physical therapy or physical therapy assistant care services, respectively, to the public, in teaching, or in research in physical therapy or physical therapy assistant care services, respectively, for at least three (3) years immediately preceding their appointments. These members, excepting the public member, shall at all times be holders of valid licenses and be in good standing without restriction upon such license for the practice of physical therapy or physical therapy assistant, respectively, in Idaho.
(2) The governor shall appoint members for a term of three (3) years, but no person shall be appointed to serve more than two (2) consecutive terms. Terms shall begin on the first day of the calendar year and end on the last day of the calendar year or until successors are appointed, except for the first appointed members who shall serve through the last calendar day of the year in which they are appointed, before commencing the terms prescribed in this section.
(3) The governor may consider recommendations for appointment to the board from the Idaho physical therapy association and from any individual residing in this state.
(4) The board shall hold a meeting annually and elect a chairman who shall preside at meetings of the board. In the event the chairman is not present at any board meeting, the board may by majority vote of the members present appoint a temporary chairman. A majority of the members of the board shall constitute a quorum. Other meetings may be convened at the call of the chairman or upon the written request of any two (2) board members.
(5) Each member of the board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(n), Idaho Code.
(6) Members of the board shall disqualify themselves and, upon the motion of any interested party may, upon proper showing, be disqualified in any proceeding concerning which they have an actual conflict of interest or bias that interferes with their fair and impartial service.
[54-2205, added 2001, ch. 197, sec. 2, p. 668; am. 2005, ch. 185, sec. 2, p. 569; am. 2006, ch. 116, sec. 2, p. 316; am. 2009, ch. 95, sec. 1, p. 281; am. 2016, ch. 340, sec. 27, p. 949.]