PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-4009. REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUANCE OF LICENSE. Upon application to the board and the payment of the required fees, an applicant may be licensed as a massage therapist if the applicant meets all the requirements of this chapter and provides documentation acceptable to the board that he or she:
(1) Has obtained a high school diploma or equivalent;
(2) Is eighteen (18) years of age or older;
(3) Is of good moral character;
(4) Has successfully completed a massage program registered pursuant to chapter 24, title 33, Idaho Code, or a comparable authority in another state that consists of the minimum of five hundred (500) in-class supervised hours of coursework and clinic work; and
(5) Has successfully passed a nationally recognized competency examination in massage therapy that is approved by the board. The passage of this exam may have occurred prior to the effective date of this chapter.
[54-4009, added 2012, ch. 261, sec. 1, p. 727.]