PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
IDAHO RESIDENTIAL CARE ADMINISTRATORS ACT
54-4204. Board of examiners of residential care facility administrators. (1) There is hereby created in the division of occupational and professional licenses a board of examiners of residential care facility administrators that shall consist of five (5) members and be composed of two (2) residential care facility administrators, duly licensed and registered under this chapter, one (1) member shall be selected from any other profession or agency or institution concerned with the care of persons requiring assistance with the daily activities of living, one (1) licensed nurse from the nursing profession and one (1) member representative of the public at large; but no more than two (2) of the members of the board shall be officials or full-time employees of state or local governments. All members of the board shall be citizens of the United States or shall have declared their intent to become citizens of the United States and shall be residents of this state.
(2) The term of office for each member of the board shall be three (3) years, and all board members shall serve at the pleasure of the governor.
(3) (a) Appointments to the board shall be made by the governor who may consider recommendations for appointment to the board from any organized and generally recognized group concerned with residential care facility administration and from any individual residing in this state. Each member of the board shall hold office until his successor is duly appointed and qualified. Dismissals shall be by the governor, for reasonable cause.
(b) Members of the board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(l), Idaho Code.
(4) The board shall elect annually from its membership a chairman and vice chairman. The board shall hold two (2) or more meetings each year. A majority of the board membership shall constitute a quorum.
(5) The board shall exercise its powers and perform its duties and functions specified by this chapter.
(6) The board may, by written agreement, authorize the division of occupational and professional licenses, or other appropriate body as provided by law, as agent to act in its interest.
[54-4204, added 1990, ch. 304, sec. 1, p. 835; am. 2000, ch. 274, sec. 136, p. 871; am. 2003, ch. 201, sec. 7, p. 533; am. 2011, ch. 77, sec. 1, p. 162; am. 2016, ch. 340, sec. 41, p. 961; am. 2021, ch. 222, sec. 34, p. 647.]