PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
IDAHO CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION ACT
54-5203. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Board" means the Idaho contractors board as created in section 54-5206, Idaho Code.
(2) "Bureau chief" means the chief of the bureau of occupational licenses.
(3) "Construction" means the performance of building, altering, repairing, adding to, subtracting from, improving, reconstructing, moving, excavating, wrecking or demolishing any building, highway, road, bridge, or other structure, project, development or improvement to real property, or to do any part thereof, including the erection of scaffolding or other structures or works in connection therewith.
(4) "Contractor" means:
(a) Any person who in any capacity undertakes, offers to undertake, purports to have the capacity to undertake, or submits a bid to, or does himself or by or through others, perform construction; or
(b) A construction manager who performs construction management services.
(5) "Department" means the department of self-governing agencies of the state of Idaho.
(6) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, corporation, trust, association or other entity or organization capable of conducting business, or any combination thereof acting as a unit.
[54-5203, added 2005, ch. 153, sec. 1, p. 471.]