PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
IDAHO LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS PUBLIC SAFETY ACT
54-5303. Definitions. (1) "Board" means the liquefied petroleum gas safety board.
(2) "Bureau" means the bureau of occupational licenses.
(3) "Department" means the department of self-governing agencies.
(4) "Good moral character" means the absence of any behavior that violates accepted standards of the community including, but not limited to:
(a) Conviction or plea of guilty to a crime that is deemed relevant in accordance with section 67-9411(1), Idaho Code;
(b) Habitual use of drugs or intoxicants to such a degree as to render a person unfit and unreliable to practice;
(c) Revocation or suspension or other restriction of any license or certificate in any state in the previous five (5) years; and
(d) Failure to pay final judgments in any state in the previous seven (7) years.
(5) "License" means a physical document issued by the bureau certifying that a person or facility has met the appropriate qualifications and has been granted the authority to practice or operate in Idaho under the provisions of this chapter.
(6) "Liquefied petroleum gas" or "LPG" or "LP-Gas" means any material that is composed predominantly of or by the mixture of any of the following hydrocarbons: propane, propylene, butanes, isobutanes and butylenes.
(7) "LPG facility" means any facility at a fixed location licensed pursuant to this chapter whose activities include selling, filling, refilling, or commercial handling or commercial storage of LPG.
(8) "LPG dealer" means any person licensed pursuant to this chapter who engages in LPG dealer practice.
(9) "LPG dealer practice" means a person engaging in the selling, filling, refilling, transporting, delivering, or commercial handling of LPG, or engaging in the installation or maintenance of systems, equipment, pipes or containers for the use or storage of LPG.
(10) "LPG code" means the liquefied petroleum gas code adopted by the national fire protection association, inc., commonly known as NFPA 58.
[(54-5303) 54-5103, added 2005, ch. 143, sec. 1, p. 442; am. and redesig. 2006, ch. 16, sec. 10, p. 52; am. 2020, ch. 175, sec. 37, p. 543.]