PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
IDAHO TELEHEALTH ACCESS ACT
54-5703. DEFINITIONS. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Asynchronous store and forward transfer" means the transmission of a patient’s health care information from an originating site to a provider at a distant site over a secure connection that complies with state and federal security and privacy laws.
(2) "Distant site" means the site at which a provider delivering telehealth services is located at the time the service is provided.
(3) "Originating site" means the location of a patient at the time telehealth services are provided.
(4) "Provider" means a person who is licensed, required to be licensed, or, if located outside of Idaho, would be required to be licensed if located in Idaho, pursuant to title 54, Idaho Code, to deliver health care consistent with his or her license.
(5) "Synchronous interaction" means real-time communication through interactive technology that enables a provider and a patient at two (2) locations separated by distance to interact simultaneously through two-way video and audio or audio transmission.
(6) "Telehealth services" means health care services provided by a provider to a person through the use of electronic communications, information technology, asynchronous store and forward transfer or synchronous interaction between a provider at a distant site and a patient at an originating site. Such services include, but are not limited to, clinical care, health education, home health and facilitation of self-managed care and caregiver support.
[(54-5703) 54-5603, added 2015, ch. 121, sec. 1, p. 308; am. and redesig. 2016, ch. 47, sec. 28, p. 122.]