PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
IDAHO VIRTUAL CARE ACCESS ACT
54-5703. definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Health care services" means:
(a) The assessment, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, and remote monitoring of a patient;
(b) Transfer of medical data;
(c) Patient and professional health-related education;
(d) Public health services; and
(e) Health administration.
(2) "Provider" means any health care provider who is licensed or required to be licensed under this title or, if located outside of Idaho, would be required to be licensed under this title for the purposes of diagnosing or treating physical or behavioral health conditions.
(3) "Provider group" means any group of licensed providers who have access to shared patient medical records and are organized to provide team-based or multidisciplinary care to patients.
(4) "Static online questionnaire" means a questionnaire provided to a patient to which the patient responds with a static set of answers.
(5) "Virtual care" means technology-enabled health care services in which the patient and provider are not in the same location. Virtual care is an umbrella term that encompasses terms associated with a wide variety of synchronous and asynchronous care delivery modalities enabled by technology, such as telemedicine, telehealth, m-health, e-consults, e-visits, video visits, remote patient monitoring, and similar technologies. Virtual care is considered to be rendered at the physical location of the patient.
[54-5703, added 2023, ch. 102, sec. 7, p. 304.]