REVENUE AND TAXATION
ASSESSMENT OF REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
63-305. Reversal of declaration which treats a manufactured home as real property. (1) Once a manufactured home has been converted to real property under the provisions of section 63-304, Idaho Code, it shall be deemed a fixture and an improvement to the real property to which it is affixed. Physical removal shall be prohibited without the consent of all persons or entities who, at the time of removal have an interest in the real property or title to any estate in the real property to which the manufactured home has been affixed. The homeowner shall obtain a title report from a title insurance company which shall establish the identity of those individuals or entities whose consent must be obtained. Consent to removal of the manufactured home shall not be required from the owners of rights-of-way, easements or owners of subsurface rights.
(2) Physical removal shall include, without limitation, the separation of the manufactured home from the foundation system, except for the temporary purposes of repair or improvement thereto.
(3) At least thirty (30) days before the manufactured home is to be removed, the homeowner shall give written notice of the intended removal to the county assessor in the county in which the real property is located. The county assessor shall require written evidence that the necessary consents have been obtained from those persons or entities identified in the title report as required in the provisions of subsection (1) of this section. In addition, removal shall be prohibited until the county tax collector has given written approval for the removal of the manufactured home by certifying that all property taxes, due and payable, have been paid.
(4) The homeowner shall, within five (5) days of removal, make application for the issuance of a certificate of title for the manufactured home. Prior to the issuance of a certificate of title, the declaration of reversal shall be recorded. Immediately upon issuance of a certificate of title, the manufactured home shall again become personal property for the purpose of financing and for the purpose of taxation shall be assessed pursuant to section 63-302, Idaho Code.
(5) The state tax commission shall prescribe the forms to be used by the county assessor to reverse the option exercised under the provisions of section 63-304, Idaho Code, which created the real property designation.
(6) A homeowner who physically removes a manufactured home in violation of the provisions of this section shall be liable for all legal costs and fees, together with actual expenses incurred to restore the real property to its former condition. Any judgment obtained pursuant to this section may be recorded as a lien upon the manufactured home removed from the property.
[63-305 added 1996, ch. 98, sec. 4, p. 328; am. 2002, ch. 61, sec. 2, p. 131.]