STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
67-1224. Idaho credit rating enhancement committee — Membership — Compensation — Quorum — Meetings — Personnel. (1) There is hereby established in the office of the state treasurer the Idaho credit rating enhancement committee. The committee shall consist of the following members: the state treasurer, the administrator of the division of financial management, one (1) senator appointed by the president pro tempore of the senate and one (1) member of the house of representatives appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives. Other members of the committee shall be appointed by the governor after considering recommendations of the state treasurer and shall consist of one (1) member from each of the following entities knowledgeable on matters of public finance, including the Idaho state municipal bond bank, Idaho housing and finance association, Idaho state building authority, the department of education as a representative of the school bond guarantee fund and one (1) member at large.
(2) The term of an appointed member is two (2) years, but an appointed member serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority. Before the expiration of the term of an appointed member, the appointing authority shall appoint a successor. If there is a vacancy for any reason in the office of an appointed member, the appointing authority shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) A member of the committee shall be entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in section 59-509(b), Idaho Code, which shall be paid by the state treasurer.
(4) The state treasurer shall serve as chairperson of the committee, with such powers and duties necessary for the performance of that office as the committee determines appropriate.
(5) A majority of the members of the committee constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(6) The committee shall meet at times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or by a majority of the members of the committee.
(7) The office of the state treasurer shall provide the committee with office space and clerical and other administrative support.
[67-1224, added 2005, ch. 159, sec. 1, p. 491; am. 2013, ch. 219, sec. 1, p. 514.]