Print Friendly

     Idaho Statutes

Idaho Statutes are updated to the website July 1 following the legislative session.


67-5709A.  Sale, transfer or disposition of state administrative facilities. The provisions of sections 58-331 through 58-335, Idaho Code, shall not apply to state administrative facilities in the custody, or control of the state of Idaho. When a state agency declares that a state administrative facility is not needed or is unsuitable for its purposes, custody and control shall be transferred to the state board of examiners, which shall immediately transfer authority for the disposition of the property to the department of administration which shall send a notice to all state agencies and institutions that the property is available for other state use. Any state agency interested in leasing or buying the property shall notify the department of administration within the time the department specifies.
If no state agency or institution is interested, the department shall obtain an appraisal and commence procedures to sell the property for the highest price possible. All proceeds from the sale or lease of administrative facilities acquired by the department of administration pursuant to this section, other than proceeds required by law to be deposited in a special fund, less the department of administration’s cost of selling or leasing, shall be deposited into the permanent building fund for the purpose of holding such proceeds. Such proceeds in the permanent building fund acquired pursuant to this section may be expended pursuant to appropriation.
As used in this section, "state administrative facility" shall mean any real property and improvements, including administrative office buildings, structures and parking lots, used by any state agency to assist it in its operation as a state agency. State administrative facilities shall not include the real property or improvements owned or occupied by a state agency where such ownership, operation or occupying is a function of the agency’s purpose, such as real property and improvements, other than the administrative office buildings, structures and parking lots described above, under the jurisdiction and control of the Idaho transportation department, the department of fish and game, the department of parks and recreation and the department of lands.

[67-5709A, added 2000, ch. 300, sec. 1, p. 1031.]

How current is this law?