STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
IDAHO HOUSING AND FINANCE ASSOCIATION
67-6215A. Remedies of bondholders. In the event that the association shall default in the payment of principal of or interest on any issue of notes and bonds after the same shall become due, whether at maturity or upon call for redemption, and such default shall continue for a period of thirty (30) days, or in the event that the association shall fail or refuse to comply with the provisions of this act, or shall default in any agreement made with the holders of any issue of notes or bonds, the holders of twenty-five percent (25%) in aggregate principal amount of the notes or bonds of such issue then outstanding, by instrument or instruments filed in the office of the clerk of the county of Ada, and proved or acknowledged in the same manner as a deed to be recorded, may appoint a trustee to represent the holders of such notes or bonds for the purposes herein provided.
(a) Such trustee may, and upon written request of the holders of twenty-five percent (25%) in principal amount of such notes or bonds then outstanding shall, in his or its own name:
(1) by suit, action or proceeding in accordance with the Idaho Code, enforce all rights of the noteholders or bondholders, including the right to require the association to carry out any agreements with such holders and to perform its duties under this chapter;
(2) bring suit upon such notes or bonds;
(3) by action or suit, require the association to account as if it were the trustee of an express trust for the holders of such notes or bonds;
(4) by action or suit, enjoin any acts or things which may be unlawful or in violation of the rights of the holders of such notes or bonds;
(5) declare all such notes or bonds due and payable, and if all defaults shall be made good, then, with the consent of the holders of twenty-five percent (25%) of the principal amount of such notes or bonds then outstanding, annul such declaration and its consequences.
(b) The district court shall have jurisdiction of any suit, action or proceeding by the trustee on behalf of such noteholders or bondholders. The venue of any such suit, action or proceeding shall be laid in the county of Ada.
(c) Before declaring the principal of notes or bonds due and payable, the trustee shall first give thirty (30) days’ notice in writing to the association.
[67-6215A, added I.C., sec. 67-6215A, as added by 1974, ch. 104, sec. 24, p. 1210; am. 1996, ch. 253, sec. 19, p. 824.]