STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
IDAHO BOND BANK AUTHORITY
67-8713. Reserve fund — Additional funds and accounts. (1) There is hereby created in the state treasury a fund to be known as the "Idaho Municipal Bond Bank Authority Reserve Fund" (hereinafter referred to as "reserve fund") in which there shall be deposited or transferred:
(a) All proceeds of bonds or municipal bonds or any reserve surety policy or similar credit enhancement obtained to secure bonds of the authority that the authority may require, by contract with the municipality or by a resolution of the authority, to be deposited in the reserve fund; and
(b) All moneys appropriated by the legislature for the purpose of the fund.
(2) Moneys in the reserve fund shall be maintained by the authority and are pledged and shall be held and applied solely to the payment of the interest on and principal of those bonds designated by the authority, pursuant to the provisions of section 67-8725, Idaho Code, as the interest and principal become due and payable. Moneys may not be withdrawn from the reserve fund if a withdrawal would reduce the amount in the reserve fund to an amount less than the required debt service reserve, as herein defined, except for payment of interest then due and payable on bonds and the principal of bonds then maturing and payable, whether by reason of maturity or mandatory redemption, for which payments other than moneys of the authority pledged to pay such interest and principal are not then available. As used in this chapter, "required debt service reserve" means, as of the date of computation, the amount required to be on deposit in the reserve fund as provided by resolution of the authority.
(3) For purposes of valuation, investments in the reserve fund shall be valued at par, or if purchased at less than par, at cost unless otherwise provided by resolution of the authority. Valuation on a particular date shall include the amount of interest then earned or accrued to that date on the moneys or investments in the reserve fund.
(4) Moneys in the reserve fund in excess of the required debt service reserve, whether by reason of investment or otherwise, may be withdrawn at any time by the authority and transferred to another fund or account of the authority, subject to the provisions of any agreement with the holders of any bonds.
(5) In order to assure the maintenance of the required debt service reserve in the reserve fund, the legislature may annually appropriate to the authority for deposit in the reserve fund the sum, certified by the chairman of the authority to the legislature, that is necessary to restore the fund to an amount equal to the required debt service reserve. The chairman of the authority, annually before December 1, shall make and deliver to the legislature his certificate stating the sum required to restore the funds to that amount. Nothing in this subsection creates a debt or liability of the state to make any appropriation.
(6) All amounts received on account of moneys appropriated by the state to the reserve fund shall be held and applied in accordance with this section; provided however, at the end of each fiscal year, if the amount in the reserve fund derived from amounts appropriated by the legislature exceeds the required debt service reserve, any amount representing earnings or income received on account of moneys appropriated to the reserve fund by the legislature that exceed the expenses of the authority for that fiscal year shall be transferred to the general fund of the state.
(7) The authority may establish subaccounts in the reserve fund, additional reserves or other funds or accounts as may be, in its discretion, necessary or appropriate to further the accomplishment of its purposes or to comply with the provisions of any of its agreements or resolutions.
[67-8713, added 2001, ch. 130, sec. 1, p. 456; am. 2002, ch. 148, sec. 3, p. 428; am. 2005, ch. 389, sec. 5, p. 1253.]