UNIFORM INTERSTATE FAMILY SUPPORT ACT
7-1059. definitions. As used in sections 7-1059 through 7-1071, Idaho Code:
(1) "Application" means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) "Central authority" means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in section 7-1002(5)(d), Idaho Code, to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(3) "Convention support order" means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in section 7-1002(5)(d), Idaho Code.
(4) "Direct request" means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor or child residing outside the United States.
(5) "Foreign central authority" means the entity designated by a foreign country described in section 7-1002(5)(d), Idaho Code, to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(6) "Foreign support agreement" means:
(a) An agreement for support in a record that:
(i) Is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin;
(ii) Has been:
1. Formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
2. Authenticated by, or concluded, registered or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
(iii) May be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(b) Includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the convention.
(7) "United States central authority" means the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
[7-1059,added 2015, 1st E.S., ch. 1, sec. 47, p. 26.]