UNIFORM INTERSTATE FAMILY SUPPORT ACT
7-1065. CONTEST OF REGISTERED CONVENTION SUPPORT ORDER. (1) Except as otherwise provided in sections 7-1059 through 7-1071, Idaho Code, sections 7-1047 through 7-1050, Idaho Code, apply to a contest of a registered convention support order.
(2) A party contesting a registered convention support order shall file a contest not later than 30 days after notice of the registration, but if the contesting party does not reside in the United States, the contest must be filed not later than 60 days after notice of the registration.
(3) If the nonregistering party fails to contest the registered convention support order by the time specified in subsection (2) of this section, the order is enforceable.
(4) A contest of a registered convention support order may be based only on grounds set forth in section 7-1066, Idaho Code. The contesting party bears the burden of proof.
(5) In a contest of a registered convention support order, a tribunal of this state:
(a) Is bound by the findings of fact on which the foreign tribunal based its jurisdiction; and
(b) May not review the merits of the order.
(6) A tribunal of this state deciding a contest of a registered convention support order shall promptly notify the parties of its decision.
(7) A challenge or appeal, if any, does not stay the enforcement of a convention support order unless there are exceptional circumstances.
[7-1065, added 2015, 1st E.S., ch. 1, sec. 53, p. 28.]