FAMILY LAW LICENSE SUSPENSIONS
7-1402. Definitions. (1) "Child support order" means a legally enforceable obligation, issued by a court or administrative body, assessed against an individual for the support of a child, which shall include medical care, health insurance premiums for the child, child care expenses and any amount owing under an order for support during a period in which public assistance was expended.
(2) "Current support" means the amount owing for the present month pursuant to a child support order, excluding amounts ordered to satisfy a delinquency.
(3) "Delinquency" means, for purposes of this chapter, the amount of unpaid support that has accrued from the date a child support order is entered, excluding the present month, in an amount equal to or greater than the total support owing for at least ninety (90) days, or two thousand dollars ($2,000), whichever is less.
(4) "Department" means the Idaho department of health and welfare.
(5) "License" means a license, certificate, permit or other authorization that:
(a) Is issued by a licensing authority pursuant to any provision of Idaho Code;
(b) Is subject to suspension, withdrawal, revocation, forfeiture, termination, or an action equivalent to any of these, by the issuing licensing authority; and
(c) A person must obtain to practice or engage in any business, occupation or profession, operate a motor vehicle, carry a concealed weapon, or engage in any recreational activity, including hunting or fishing, for which a license or permit is required; and
(d) Does not constitute a property interest.
(6) "Licensee" means any person who possesses a valid license in active status or who has a legal right or privilege to activate or receive a license.
(7) "Licensing authority" means a department, commission, board, office, agency or other unit of the state or political subdivision that issues a license.
(8) "Obligee" means any person, state agency or local child support registry entitled by order to receive child support payments.
(9) "Obligor" means any person obligated by order to pay child support.
(10) "Visitation" means custodial period, custodial schedule, residential schedule, parenting, or parenting time.
[7-1402 added 1996, ch. 429, sec. 1, p. 1457; am. 1998, ch. 250, sec. 1, p. 815.]