UNIFORM PROBATE CODE
UNIFORM RECOGNITION OF SUBSTITUTE DECISION-MAKING DOCUMENTS ACT
15-15-102. definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Decision maker" means a person authorized to act for an individual under a substitute decision-making document, whether denominated a decision maker, agent, attorney in fact, proxy, representative or by another title. The term includes an original decision maker, a co-decision maker, a successor decision maker and a person to which a decision maker’s authority is delegated.
(2) "Good faith" means honesty in fact.
(3) "Health care" means a service or procedure to maintain, diagnose, treat or otherwise affect an individual’s physical or mental condition.
(4) "Person" means an individual, estate, business or nonprofit entity, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality or other legal entity.
(5) "Personal care" means an arrangement or service to provide an individual shelter, food, clothing, transportation, education, recreation, social contact or assistance with the activities of daily living.
(6) "Property" means anything that may be subject to ownership, whether real or personal or legal or equitable, or any interest or right therein.
(7) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(8) "Substitute decision-making document" means a record created by an individual to authorize a decision maker to act for the individual with respect to property, health care or personal care.
[15-15-102, added 2015, ch. 115, sec. 1, p. 298.]