21-142. Powers and duties of board. The Idaho transportation board shall be vested with the functions, powers and duties relating to the provisions of this act and shall have power to:
(1) Contract in the name of the state with respect to the rights, powers and duties vested in the board by this act.
(2) Locate, design, construct, reconstruct, alter, extend, repair and maintain state aeronautical facilities when determined by the board to be in the public interest.
(3) Establish standards for the location, design, construction, reconstruction, alteration, extension, repair and maintenance of state aeronautical facilities.
(4) Make annually on or before the first day of December of each year, and at such other times as the governor may require, reports in writing to the governor concerning the condition, management and financial transactions of the transportation department.
(5) Purchase, condemn or otherwise acquire, and exchange any real property, either in fee or in any lesser estate or interest, rights-of-way, easements and other rights together with rights of direct access from the property abutting aeronautical facilities, deemed necessary by the board for present or future aeronautical purposes. The order of the board that the land sought is necessary for such use shall be prima facie evidence of such fact.
(6) Cooperate with, receive and expend grants from the federal government, and receive and expend gifts and grants from other sources for the construction and improvement of any aeronautical facility and, when authorized or directed by any act of congress or any rule or regulation of any agency of the federal government, expend funds so donated or granted.
(7) Contract jointly with counties, municipalities and other public agencies for the improvement and construction of aeronautical facilities.
(8) Expend funds for the construction, maintenance and improvement of publicly owned aeronautical facilities.
(9) Prescribe rules and regulations affecting aeronautical facilities, and enforce compliance therewith.
(10) Cooperate financially or otherwise with any other state, county or city of any other state, or with any foreign country or any province or district of any foreign country, or with the government of the United States, or any agency thereof, or private agencies or persons, or with any or all thereof for the erecting, constructing, reconstructing, and maintaining of any aeronautical facility between the state of Idaho and any other state or foreign country, and for the purchase or condemnation or other acquisition of right-of-way therefor.
(11) Close or restrict the use of any state aeronautical facility whenever such closing or restricting of use is deemed necessary.
(12) Establish such departmental divisions as are necessary for the full and efficient administration of this act.
(14) Sell, exchange, or otherwise dispose of and convey, in accordance with law, any real or personal property, other than public lands which by the constitution and laws of the state of Idaho are placed under the jurisdiction of the state land board, or parts thereof, together with appurtenances when, in the opinion of the board, said real property and/or appurtenances are no longer needed for state aeronautical purposes, and also dispose of any surplus materials and by-products from such property and appurtenances.
(15) Establish rules and regulations, consistent with the laws of Idaho, for the expenditure of all moneys appropriated and/or allotted by law to the Idaho transportation department or the board.
(16) Exercise such other powers and duties, including the adoption of bylaws, rules and regulations, necessary to fully implement and carry out the provisions of this act and the provisions of title 21, Idaho Code, not inconsistent herewith.
[21-142, added 1970, ch. 257, sec. 12, p. 683; am. 1974, ch. 12, sec. 102, p. 61; am. 2018, ch. 169, sec. 1, p. 344.]