AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
BEANS — PROMOTION OF INDUSTRY
22-2919. Deposit and disbursement of funds. (1) Immediately upon receipt, all moneys received by the commission shall be deposited in one (1) or more separate accounts in the name of the commission in one (1) or more banks or trust companies approved under chapter 27, title 67, Idaho Code, as state depositories. The commission shall designate such banks or trust companies. All funds so deposited are hereby continuously appropriated for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this chapter.
(2) No moneys shall be withdrawn or paid out of such accounts except upon order of the commission and upon checks or other orders upon such accounts signed by such member of the commission as the commission designates. The commission shall establish and maintain an adequate and reasonable system of internal accounting controls. The internal accounting controls shall be written, approved and periodically reviewed by the commission.
(3) The right is reserved to the state of Idaho to audit the funds of the commission at any time.
(4) On or before January 15 of each year, the commission shall file with the senate agricultural affairs committee, the house of representatives agricultural affairs committee, the legislative services office, the state controller, and the division of financial management, a report showing the annual income and expenses by standard classification of the commission during the preceding fiscal year. The report shall also include an estimate of income to the commission for the current and next fiscal year and a projection of anticipated expenses by category for the current and next fiscal year. From and after January 15, 1989, the report shall also include a reconciliation between the estimated income and expenses projected and the actual income and expenses of the preceding fiscal year.
(5) All moneys received or expended by the commission shall be audited biennially by a certified public accountant designated by the commission, who shall furnish a copy of such audit to the director of legislative services and to the senate agricultural affairs committee and the house of representatives agricultural affairs committee. The audit shall be completed within ninety (90) days following the close of the fiscal year.
(6) The expenditures of the commission are expressly exempted from the provisions of sections 67-2007 and 67-2008, Idaho Code.
[22-2919, added 1988, ch. 51, sec. 2, p. 75; am. 1993, ch. 327, sec. 7, p. 1200; am. 1994, ch. 180, sec. 22, p. 436; am. 1996, ch. 159, sec. 8, p. 512; am. 2003, ch. 32, sec. 7, p. 120; am. 2006, ch. 364, sec. 1, p. 1101.]