DOMESTIC CERVIDAE FARMS
25-3708. Fees. (1) There is hereby imposed, on domestic cervidae, a fee, as determined by the director, not to exceed ten dollars ($10.00) per head per year and shall be due on January 1 of each year. Such fee shall apply to all domestic cervidae present at the farm or ranch as of December 31.
(2) There is hereby imposed, on all domestic cervidae imported from outside of the state, a fee of ten dollars ($10.00) per head payable by December 31 of the year of import.
(3) There is hereby imposed, on all domestic cervidae exported outside of the state, a fee of ten dollars ($10.00) per head payable by December 31 of the year of export.
(4) There is hereby imposed, on all domestic cervidae whose ownership is transferred from one (1) producer to another within the state, a fee of ten dollars ($10.00) per head paid by the seller payable by December 31 of the year of transfer.
(5) The department shall accept payment of fees by cash and check and shall also facilitate the payment of fees by debit and credit card through electronic and telephonic means, as available.
(6) Fees imposed by the provisions of subsections (2), (3) and (4) of this section shall not apply to domestic cervidae destined to an approved slaughter establishment.
(7) The fee shall be used by the Idaho state department of agriculture, division of animal industries, solely for the prevention, control and eradication of diseases of domestic cervidae, the inspection of domestic cervidae and domestic cervidae farms or ranches, and administration of the domestic cervidae program. All moneys collected under this provision shall be deposited in the livestock disease control and tuberculosis indemnity fund and used for the domestic cervidae program.
[(25-3708) 25-3508, added 1994, ch. 73, sec. 1, p. 153; am. and redesig. 2004, ch. 182, sec. 7, p. 571; am. 2014, ch. 39, sec. 3, p. 91; am. 2020, ch. 319, sec. 1, p. 918.]