BANKS AND BANKING
IDAHO RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE PRACTICES ACT
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATORS
26-31-315. confidentiality. In order to promote effective regulation and reduce regulatory burden through supervisory information sharing:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in section 1512, P.L. 110-289, the requirements under any federal law or chapter 1, title 74, Idaho Code, regarding the privacy or confidentiality of any information or material provided to the NMLSR, and any privilege arising under federal or Idaho state law, including the rules of any federal or Idaho state court, with respect to such information or material, shall continue to apply to such information or material after the information or material has been disclosed to the NMLSR. Such information and material may be shared with all state and federal regulatory officials having mortgage industry oversight authority without the loss of privilege or the loss of confidentiality protections provided by federal law or chapter 1, title 74, Idaho Code.
(2) For these purposes, the director is authorized to enter into agreements or sharing arrangements with other governmental agencies, the conference of state bank supervisors, the American association of residential mortgage regulators or other associations representing governmental agencies as established by rule or order of the director.
(3) Information or material that is subject to a privilege or confidentiality under subsection (1) of this section shall not be subject to:
(a) Disclosure under any federal or state law governing the disclosure to the public of information held by an officer or an agency of the federal government or the respective state; or
(b) Subpoena or discovery, or admission into evidence, in any private civil action or administrative process, unless with respect to any privilege held by the NMLSR with respect to such information or material, the person to whom such information or material pertains waives, in whole or in part, in the discretion of such person, that privilege.
(4) Coordination with chapter 1, title 74, Idaho Code, relating to the disclosure of confidential supervisory information or any information or material described in subsection (1) of this section that is inconsistent with subsection (1) shall be superseded by the requirements of this section.
(5) This section shall not apply with respect to the information or material relating to the employment history of, and publicly adjudicated disciplinary and enforcement actions against, mortgage loan originators that is included in the NMLSR for access by the public.
[26-31-315, added 2009, ch. 97, sec. 2, p. 304; am. 2015, ch. 141, sec. 47, p. 416.]