PERFECTION AND PRIORITY
28-9-310. When filing required to perfect security interest or agricultural lien — Security interests and agricultural liens to which filing provisions do not apply. (a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b) of this section and section 28-9-312(b), a financing statement must be filed to perfect all security interests and agricultural liens.
(b) The filing of a financing statement is not necessary to perfect a security interest:
(1) That is perfected under section 28-9-308(d), (e), (f) or (g);
(2) That is perfected under section 28-9-309 when it attaches;
(3) In property subject to a statute, regulation or treaty described in section 28-9-311(a);
(4) In goods in possession of a bailee which is perfected under section 28-9-312(d)(1) or (2);
(5) In certificated securities, documents, goods or instruments which is perfected without filing, control, or possession under section 28-9-312(e), (f) or (g);
(6) In collateral in the secured party’s possession under section 28-9-313;
(7) In a certificated security which is perfected by delivery of the security certificate to the secured party under section 28-9-313;
(8) In deposit accounts, electronic chattel paper, electronic documents, investment property, or letter of credit rights which is perfected by control under section 28-9-314;
(9) In proceeds which is perfected under section 28-9-315;
(10) That is perfected under section 28-9-316; or
(11) In timber sold by the state of Idaho.
(c) If a secured party assigns a perfected security interest or agricultural lien, a filing under this chapter is not required to continue the perfected status of the security interest against creditors of and transferees from the original debtor.
[28-9-310, added 2001, ch. 208, sec. 2, p. 733; am. 2004, ch. 42, sec. 26, p. 129; am. 2010, ch. 154, sec. 1, p. 329.]