COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
COUNTY OFFICERS IN GENERAL
31-2015. Bonds of officers — Amount of penalty. County, and district officers must execute official bonds in the following amounts:
1. County commissioners each in the sum of $5000.
2. County treasurers each in double the probable amount of money that may at any time come into his hands as such treasurer, to be fixed by the board of county commissioners: provided, if surety bond be given as provided in section 41-2707, the bond need not exceed twenty-five per cent (25%) of the probable amount that may be at hand at any one time, but in no case to be less than $10,000.
3. Sheriffs each in the sum of $10,000.
4. Clerks of the district court each in the penal sum of $5000, with two (2) sufficient sureties, to be approved by the judge of the district conditioned that he will faithfully perform the duties of his office and at all times account for and pay over all moneys in his hands as clerk; and the penalty of such bond may at any time be increased by the judge of the district. The clerk may require a bond from any deputy.
5. County recorders each in the sum of not less than $5000 nor more than $20,000, to be fixed by the board of county commissioners, and to cover his duties and liabilities as recorder, auditor and clerk of the board of county commissioners.
6. Assessors each in the sum of $5000.
7. Tax collectors and license collectors each in the sum of not less than $2000 nor more than $50,000 to be fixed by the board of county commissioners.
8. Prosecuting attorneys each in the sum of $2000.
9. Coroners each in the sum of $1000.
10. Public administrators each in the sum of $2000.
11. Constables in the sum of not less than $500 nor more than $1000, to be fixed by the board of county commissioners.
[(31-2015) R.S., sec. 1828; am. and reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 1987; am. 1919, ch. 125, sec. 1, p. 410; C.S., sec. 3557; I.C.A., sec. 30-1515; am. 1961, ch. 104, sec. 1, p. 153; am. 1963, ch. 88, sec. 3, p. 283; am. 1970, ch. 120, sec. 8, p. 284.]