TRANSFER OF PUPILS
33-1401. Definitions. For the purposes of tuition charges and payments, the following words and phrases shall have these meanings:
1. "District" means any public school district including specially chartered school districts.
2. "Residence" of a pupil means the residence of his parent or guardian.
3. "Home district" means the school district of the pupil’s residence.
4. "Creditor district" means a district in which nonresident pupils are in attendance.
5. "Nonresident pupils" mean pupils attending schools in districts other than their home districts, or from other states.
6. "Debtor district" means the home district of nonresident pupils.
7. "Pupil" means a pupil in any grade, kindergarten through twelve (12).
8. "Elementary pupil," in the case of districts not giving instruction above grade eight (8), means any pupil. In all other districts it means any pupil in grades kindergarten through six (6).
9. "Secondary pupil" means, in the case of districts which give instruction beyond grade eight (8) any pupil in grades seven (7) through twelve (12).
10. "Guardian" means any person so designated by court order, or any person with whom the pupil is residing and making his home on a full-time basis, provided such person has in his possession a properly executed power of attorney for the care and custody of the pupil for a period of time not less than the balance of the school term.
[33-1401, added 1963, ch. 13, sec. 72, p. 27; am. 1974, ch. 76, sec. 1, p. 1163; am. 1990, ch. 43, sec. 1, p. 67.]