33-2613. Definitions. As used in this act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Library board" means the five (5) citizens appointed, or elected, to govern a public library, a school community library, or a library district, in accordance with chapters 26 and 27, title 33, Idaho Code.
(2) "Participating board" or "participating library" means a board or library or district which is cooperating and participating in a regional library system.
(3) "Region" means that geographic area, with boundaries established by the board of library commissioners, wherein library units are encouraged to work together.
(4) "Regional system" means two (2) or more library boards formally contracting a system approved by the board of library commissioners, officially designated as a regional library system under this act, and therein working together in specific efforts to extend and improve library services to their resident constituents.
(5) "System board" means the governing board comprised of representatives of library boards in a regional system, and which is authorized to direct and plan library service for a regional system to the extent and in the manner provided by this act.
[(33-2613) 1974, ch. 74, sec. 2, p. 1156; am. & redesig. 1993, ch. 186, sec. 14, p. 472; am. 2006, ch. 235, sec. 11, p. 705.]