FOOD, DRUGS, AND OIL
UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
37-2725. Prescription drug order blanks. (1) Paper prescription drug order blanks shall comply with federal law and shall utilize noncopyable paper that contains security provisions against copying that results in some indication on the copy that it is a copy and therefore rendering it null and void.
(2) Prescription drug order blanks shall not be transferable. Any person possessing any such blank otherwise than is herein provided is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(3) The prescription drug order blank shall contain the name and address of the prescriber. Prescription drug order blanks may contain the printed names of multiple prescribers who are affiliated; provided however, such prescription drug order blanks shall contain a means, in addition to the signature of the prescriber, such as a box or a check, for clear identification of the printed name and address of the prescriber issuing the prescription.
(4) Prescriptions written by a prescriber in an institutional facility or other health care facility in which a prescriber may attend a patient, other than his or her regular place of business, may be written on prescription drug order blanks kept or provided by that facility that contain the name and address of that facility, but not necessarily of the prescriber, provided the prescriber’s name must be stamped, written or printed on the completed prescription in a manner that is legible to a pharmacist.
(5) Failure of a prescriber to clearly mark the prescriber’s printed name and address on the prescription as required in subsection (3) of this section, or to stamp, write or print the prescriber’s name legibly as required in subsection (4) of this section shall subject the prescriber to appropriate discipline by the board.
(6) Prescription drug order blanks or drugs lost or stolen must be immediately reported to the board.
[37-2725, added 2001, ch. 178, sec. 4, p. 602; am. 2002, ch. 367, sec. 1, p. 1035; am. 2011, ch. 133, sec. 2, p. 367; am. 2018, ch. 36, sec. 7, p. 74.]