HEALTH AND SAFETY
39-2602. Definitions. As used in this chapter, these terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Authority having jurisdiction" means a city fire department if the area is within a city, or a fire protection district formed pursuant to provisions of the Idaho Code if the area is within a fire protection district, or the county commission if the area is not within a city or fire protection district.
(2) "Department" means the department of insurance, division of the state fire marshal.
(3) "Fireworks" means any combustible or explosive composition, or any substance or combination of substances, or article prepared for the purpose of producing a visible or audible effect by combustion, explosion, deflagration or detonation. Fireworks include items classified as common or special fireworks by the United States bureau of explosives or contained in the regulations of the United States department of transportation and designated as UN 0335 1.3G or UN 0336 1.4G. The term "fireworks" shall not include any automotive safety flares, toy guns, toy cannons, caps or other items designed for use with toy guns or toy cannons, party poppers, pop-its or other devices which contain twenty-five hundredths (.25) of a grain or less of explosive substance.
(4) "Importer" means any person who, for any purpose other than personal use, or a use associated with a specific public display or other event permit, is the first receiver of any fireworks in this state.
(5) "License" means a nontransferable, formal authorization, issued by the department to engage in the acts of importing fireworks into this state or operating a wholesale fireworks business within this state.
(6) "Nonaerial common fireworks" means any fireworks such as ground spinners, fountains, sparklers, smoke devices or snakes designed to remain on or near the ground and not to travel outside a fifteen (15) foot diameter circle or emit sparks or other burning material which land outside a twenty (20) foot diameter circle or above a height of twenty (20) feet. Nonaerial common fireworks do not include firecrackers, jumping jacks, or similar products.
(7) "Permit" means an authorization given by the authority having jurisdiction pursuant to section 39-2604 or 39-2605, Idaho Code.
(8) "Special fireworks" means any fireworks designed primarily for display and classified as special fireworks by the United States bureau of explosives or designated as UN 0335 1.3G.
(9) "Wholesale" means sale of fireworks to a retailer or wholesaler.
[39-2602, added 1997, ch. 246, sec. 2, p. 710.]