HEALTH AND SAFETY
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROJECT GRANTS
39-5202. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Domestic violence" means the physical injury, sexual abuse or forced imprisonment or threat thereof of a family or household member.
(2) "Family or household member" means one who is related by blood, marriage, or who resides or has resided with or has been married to the person committing the domestic violence.
(3) "Safe house" means a place available on an as needed basis for temporary residence to victims of domestic violence and their children.
(4) "Refuge" means a place available on a twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) days a week basis, to provide temporary residence to victims of domestic violence and their children.
(5) "Crisis line" means an emergency twenty-four (24) hour telephone service staffed by persons able to provide information and referral to community services.
(6) "Council" means the Idaho council on domestic violence and victim assistance created in section 39-5203, Idaho Code.
[39-5202, added 1982, ch. 181, sec. 1, p. 470; am. 2000, ch. 343, sec. 2, p. 1162.]