HEALTH AND SAFETY
IDAHO CONRAD J-1 VISA WAIVER AND NATIONAL INTEREST WAIVER PROGRAMS
39-6111A. flex waivers for j-1 petitioning physicians. The department will accept no more than ten (10) waiver applications six (6) months after the beginning of each federal fiscal year for petitioning J-1 visa waiver physicians to work in areas without a federal shortage area designation. The practice and petitioning physician must serve patients who reside in federally designated areas of underservice. The maximum number of flex applications may not exceed the total number of waiver slots available.
(1) The practice location must be located outside of a federally designated shortage area to apply for a flex waiver.
(2) The applicant organization and petitioning physician must meet all eligibility, application and reporting requirements with the exception of the practice location.
(3) The applicant organization must submit documentation demonstrating how the practice location and petitioning physician will serve patients who reside in federally designated areas of underservice.
(4) The maximum number of flex waiver applications available for specialists is limited to no more than five (5) per federal fiscal year.
(5) Flex waiver applications must demonstrate a need for the primary care or specialty petitioning physician.
[39-6111A, added 2017, ch. 72, sec. 9, p. 178.]