HEALTH AND SAFETY
BIG PAYETTE LAKE WATER QUALITY ACT
39-6604. Declaration of policies and purposes. The council shall develop and implement a program that includes:
(1) The assembly of all historical data on water quality studies in the lake.
(2) An assessment of present and projected land and water uses related to the lake.
(3) The performance of a comprehensive, scientifically-based study of water quality in the lake. This study will include, but not be limited to, all point and nonpoint sources of nutrients, bacteria, sediments and potential pollution.
(4) The continued collection of important data after the initial study is completed as required by and for use in a nutrient load/lake response predictive model which shall be developed as part of the initial study.
(5) The preparation of a water quality management plan upon completion of the initial study, such plan to be updated regularly as new knowledge becomes available.
(6) The submittal of such plan to the legislature which shall accept, modify or reject the plan. The council will assist and coordinate the implementation of the accepted plan with federal, state and local authorities for seven (7) years after acceptance, after which the council and its committees will disband and be succeeded by appropriate multiagency oversight of the plan, its modification, and maintenance of the nutrient load/lake response predictive model. The city council of McCall and the Valley county commission may establish appropriate public committees to advise in matters related to the implementation of the plan on a continuing basis.
(7) An active public participation program with stakeholders and other interested parties in the design of the study, and the preparation and implementation of the plan, from the beginning of the council’s activities and until its disbandment. This program shall include regular reports to the public through forums, printed material and otherwise of lake conditions, findings of the study and progress in the development and implementation of the plan.
[39-6604, added 1993, ch. 200, sec. 1, p. 551; am. 2000, ch. 27, sec. 1, p. 52.]